What's Your Excuse, Now?: Lead Me, Lord! Guide Me!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Lead Me, Lord! Guide Me!

The Will of God Will Not Take You Where The Grace of God Will Not Protect You!

April 1, 2014, was just another day the Good Lord gave us. In the biblical days, the Israelites used a rock as a monument to mark something special that occurred to them. It was a covenant memorial to God.  Even today there are many events that deserve altars. Yet, we still don't recognize our blessings. 

This first day in April was the day God’s plan for me was fulfilled! Believe me, my plan was a lot different than His! Forget that I’ve been praying for changes from my situation since last year. My compassion and trust in the workplace were gone. Ever since the previous year, subtle negative changes took place, like slow decaying of friendliness.

Undertaking new challenges can be both frustrating and stressful. When leadership is uncertain which direction to take, but still belittles the subordinates on their errors, who is really wrong? Fire burns off the dross and exposes the true character of the metal. I began to see the real people underneath their masks. Variables that we may never know influenced the outcome of the workplace’s environment. Deceit, vindictiveness, and static communication became apparent and morale was ignored. There is something to be said about a person standing at the end of the aisles to observe what time an employee comes in.  They didn't realize that they were becoming bullies. It was either their way or go. Of course, selected employees were exempted which became the norm.

My compassion and fire were replaced with distrust and discomfort. Distrust with some of the people in position and uncomfortable even being around them. I don’t put much thought in rumors because most of the time they are not true. However, there is a saying “where’s there is smoke there's fire” and sparks can start very large fires. This fire was not going to subside until it accomplished its objectives. Rumor had it that the leaders wanted to replace a certain section of office personnel, break them, discourage them and run them off.  I now question the lost reports and other irregularities. Temporarily, evil designs will bear fruit but “trouble don’t last always.” And eventually, their "deceit" will catch up with them. 

I prayed to God for His divine guidance. I had already committed myself to Him, but I expected God to do things my way. How ignorant to think God would do things my way. God’s timing, not ours, will be done! God is a merciful, loving Father. He knows what is best for all of us. We need to put our faith and trust in Him. Unfortunately, we like to be in control of our own destiny and limit our faith and trust. That is why we call on God to get us out of the mess we made! I prayed for wisdom and understanding but I left out a very important part of following God’s Divine Plan, forgiveness! 

When saying the Lord’s Prayer, say it slower next time. “Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.” Trespass is to offend. How many times have we offended others? Maybe we meant to and maybe not. But, how often do we ask for forgiveness when we offend someone, especially, the people we love? But love is another story, too. Can we forgive people that dislike us? Isn’t this part of the Lord’s Prayer? We definitely want God to forgive us but we find reasons to keep grudges towards others. Are we being obedient? Are we treating each other the way we want to be treated? Expect to be mocked and ridiculed doing the right thing. Hang in there! God’s purpose for us will not be denied!

I am blessed beyond my grandest expectations, I am working with people who I know that I can help and hopefully bring them hope. My faith and trust in God has grown exponentially since I have seen Him make a way out of no way. I am a witness to His awesome love and mercy. I always wondered how the men of God during the biblical days understood the power and love of God. They witnessed his grace and mercy every day! They gave God control of their lives and He never, not once, let them down. But the men did and each time was lifted up by God’s divine love and mercy.

We all have a lot to learn on this journey. If we become bitter and judgmental we block the wonderful blessings the Lord has in store for us. He’s already given the blessings to us; we must be open to receive them!

Whatever challenges and obstacles that we are faced with, thank God for the wisdom and strength to deal with them! Trust Him as a loving Father who wants the best for his children. God wants us to believe in Him at all times. When Peter took his eyes off of Christ and saw the white-capped waves, he began to sink. The foamy waves represent the obstacles and challenges we face in our lives and we sink when we let them overcome us with fear and doubt. Peter, in his moment of fear, forgot who was in control. He forgot who he was with!  I know that I have done this before.

There is a season for everything we deal with.  No matter what happens in life, never take your eyes off Jesus! The word became flesh! He knows the challenges we will undergo! He faced it here on earth and gave His life as God’s covenant with man! Let us all keep our eyes on the prize! 


No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos