What's Your Excuse, Now?: Tuning In To God’s Voice!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Tuning In To God’s Voice!

I went for my two mile walk around the lake today!  Walking helps calm my thoughts and take time to appreciate the beauty of nature.  I use the time to meditate, reflect and enjoy a peaceful walk.  I noticed that the shadows among the pathway were different than my early morning walks.  If it was not for the recognized landmarks, I thought I was going a different way.  It’s interesting how shadows can deceive you.  They cast doubts and fears like the same kind that cast fears and doubts in our lives.  Once they take over, they mislead us and often cause us to make wrong choices.  Fortunately, some of us manage to get back on track but not with any help of our own.  When we look back on the rough areas in our lives we sometimes thought that we would never make it, but we did.  Do not think that we were responsible for getting back on the path.  God loves us so much that He will not let us fail if we stay faithful to him as He does for us.  It is my choice that I tune in and listen for that quiet voice.  He will keep me on the right path and lead me in the right direction despite my trials.  Like Joyce Meyers said, “pray that we can see the treasures in our trials.”

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos