What's Your Excuse, Now?: What is God’s Will For Me Today?!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What is God’s Will For Me Today?!

I just started saying that yesterday morning and I hope it will be my daily mantra for the rest of my life. It’s a strong statement but one I pray that I will never forget. So far, it has helped me get through some rough times in my service with those who are less fortunate. I have always tried to be in control of myself but get frustrated whenever things do not go my way. This can be stressful at times but foolish all of the time. I have been given a powerful gift and I am afraid of it. This walk with God is supposed to be a confidence builder and a faith healing process. But the more I see in others I realize how small I really am. God is working through me and I am just catching on.


When you lose control, you get impatient, frustrated and temperamental. I noticed that I was having good days, better days and draining days. The draining days were the times I allowed the negativity from the environment to pull the joy out of me. Notice that I said allowed. I started reviewing the differences in the days and to be honest with myself, I found that they all had their equal share of drama, intensity and compassion. I had no control over any of them. The only differences were none of the situations had a set schedule and time. My revelation was hearing that voice that told me that it was never my will but His Will that will be done. The Lord’s Prayer says it all, “Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos